David Ogilvy, who was widely hailed as the “Father of Advertising” once said, “Don’t count the people you reach; reach the people that count.” Although he makes it sound simple, reaching the right people at the right time with the right message continues to be one of the biggest challenges for agencies and marketing professionals. And when you actually do reach the right people, how to you continue your influence to nurture the lead into a sale?
Thanks in part to predictive analytics; reaching the right people with the right message at the right time is a quantifiable reality. Now, agencies can tap into information from a variety of sources to more intimately know target audiences resulting in a more intelligent approach to advertising goals. This is especially true with digital media.
The digital world provides countless back-end analytics on its users. This information includes demographics, intent data, geo targeting, trends, and buying patterns. While, the intelligence is valuable, it can be overwhelming for inexperienced marketers to blend complex, disparate information from disconnected channels. What’s more, having great insight into your target audience only has value if the intelligence leads to positive results.
Here are 5 ways that predictive intelligence can increase the return your marketing investment:
1. Optimize Buyer Personas. The more you know about your target audience, the better you can understand what motivates them to buy. Such information is helpful in order to tailor the message and place it in the right digital platform when buyers most need it.
2. Segment The Data. With information from a variety of sources, you can view your audience from different angles. This intelligence allows you to zero in on who you should and should not target resulting in more efficient message delivery.
3. Focus Your Spending. With predictive intelligence, you can determine which digital platforms to place your buy based upon their popularity with your target audience. Knowing the best placement for your advertising dollars optimizes your budget to increase your return on investment.
4. Create Messages that Connect. The future belongs to companies who better connect with their customers. Winning in the digital landscape starts with understanding your customer by focusing on a meaningful value proposition while creating innovative ways of expressing and delivering your message.
5. Find Sales Leads. Consumers leave behind digital footprints when purchasing products that make it possible to predict future product sales. Leveraging this information allows marketers to predict with a high degree of accuracy who, when and what audiences will buy.
Determining who is most likely to purchase your product or service is possible when predictive analytics is applied to the media buying process. But that intelligence is useless unless marketers have the skills, experience and, more importantly, the technology to creatively leverage data to adapt the message which leads to a sale. Choose a media agency that has those capabilities to engineer success for your media and marketing campaigns.
At A3, we specialize in digital marketing. We use consumer data and predictive analytics with more than 20 years of experience to project the best mix of media channels, to convert millions of prospects from potential customers into engaged customers and clients. To learn more about how A3 can engineer the success of your online marketing campaign, contact our media strategy team at (610) 631-5500 or email us at email@example.com